The Selection - Kiera Cass

I loved this book. I really really did.
But before I tellyou why I loved it, I'm going to tell you about the parts that I didn't care for so much.
1. This stupid Selection thing. I mean, I know the entire premise of the story revolves around it and with no Selection, there would be no story. I get that. But... I still think it's stupid. I mean, it's like they're using The Bachelorette to find their future queen.
2. I didn't like that Maxon immediately asked America upon their second (first official) meeting whether or not she could have "loving feelings" toward him. Come on. She's interacted with him all of twice. I know he's on a time crunch, but to me, that's a bit quick.
3. I think the whole "have a mole on the inside" plan is just dumb. The whole thing is dumb. Here's why: he agreed to it. Fine. Okay. But then when America tries to tell him about Celeste, he wouldn't listen. What's the point???

Speaking of Celeste.

Plain and simple.

I really liked watching America and Maxon grow closer. It was obvious from the beginning that she was a favorite. I chock that up to her actually standing up to him, which he obviously isn't used to. I think that was refreshing to him. I also like that she kept her family in mind while she was there. It doesn't say much about the other girls doing that and I think that says a lot about her character.

However, I don't think she is cut out to be queen. If Maxon were just a rich guy looking for a wife, then I think it would be perfect. I just can't see America being able to run a country. She's too much of a bleeding heart.

I don't feel like we really got to know Maxon and I wish we had. Good thing I read The Prince before, huh? Lol

I don't care one way or the other about Aspen right now. He just isn't doing anything for me. That's probably because we didn't see their romance develop, and for me, I need to see that. I don't like ready-made relationships.

I want to know more about these rebels. That's another big reason that I'm reading the rest of the series. Who are they?