Divergent - Veronica Roth
Overall, I really liked this book. I like the factions idea, even if I don't agree with it. It's a tad to Nazi-esque for my taste. But I like what they represent.

I really like the character of Tris. She started off as, well, a stiff. There is no other word for it. She wasn't enough for Abnegation, but she wasn't Dauntless tough either. She got there though. She really pushed herself, especially through those fight scenes. Molly got what she deserved in my opinion, even if Peter never got it. I really wish Four would have kicked his bully ass. Anyway, she worked really hard to improve herself. Dauntless is merciless. I never would have made it and she rose to the top. I think that it was kind of cheating, though, since she had the advantage of being Divergent. I mean, it didn't help any with the fighting but it definitely helped with the sims. That's why I'm glad she improved her fighting, but I don't think she deserved to be proud of herself for being first.
There were so many bullies in this book. I think Eric and Peter are tied for me. Really. They both have egos, but where Eric is ambitious, Peter is more just cruel. At least Eric has a motive. Peter just wants to build himself up by making other people feel and look bad.
I really don't feel bad for Al, even though I think Tris still does after what he did to her. He should have known how it felt to be treated like that and stopped Peter and Drew, not helped them. I'm glad Four got Drew. He deserved worse than what he got.
I think my favorite character was Christina. She's gutsy and honest from the get go. She doesn't let anything intimidate her no matter what. I think she and Tris balance each other out well.
I wanted to yell so badly about the injustice of this ending and how Abnegation weren't hiding anything (I think). Erudite would use any excuse for power, which I don't understand. The're supposed to be smart, not greedy.